COVID-19 – Science
1. COVID-19 does not spread well on surfaces.
2. Over 90% of infected people experience no symptoms.
3. More than 80% of symptomatic people experience mild cold-like symptoms.
4. As many as 96% of deaths are the result of at least one comorbidity.
5. Well over 80% of deaths have been in Long Term care facilities and others have become infected during hospital stays and treatment.
6. More than 90% of deaths are aged over (60) sixty, but most are over (70) seventy.
7. The virus is spread by droplets, mostly from coughing and sneezing – CDC “The virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly from person to person, mainly through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).”
8. Most masks, even N95, provide little or no protection – unless worn and used correctly, they are mostly used and worn incorrectly.
9. Vaccines, estimated to be at least 1-2 years away, will not prevent the appearance of COVID. The flu vaccine is only 1% effective and has been in development for nearly 100 years.
“Approximately 90% of hospitalized patients identified through COVID-NET had one or more underlying conditions, the most common being obesity, hypertension, chronic lung disease, diabetes mellitus, and cardiovascular disease.” – CDC
The fatality rate among people under the age of 70 is very similar to the seasonal flu. The bottom line is that if you did contract the virus the overwhelming odds favour no or mild symptoms and a complete recovery. That is unless you have (either known or unknown) underlying heath conditions. Wearing masks is no panacea and in some cases can be a dangerous practice, leading to a false sense of safety.
At the end of the day, the only practical solutions appear to be doing more to protect our most vunerable population – the old and the sick.