Removing a garnishee of wages

May 22, 2018

We can help you with removing garnishees of wages or salary. Creditors will not usually voluntarily remove garnishes of wages. Some people are afraid of losing their jobs if they are garnisheed and some will quit work because the garnishee can bite into their incomes.

The quickest way to get rid of a garnishee is by filing a consumer proposal or a bankruptcy. Filing either proceeding will create an immediate “stay of proceedings” which requires the removal of the garnishee.

Funds that have already been deducted from your income are held in escrow by the Sheriff before being disbursed to the garnishee, usually for thirty days. These funds can be recovered by your trustee and may be applied towards the reduction of their fees.

For more information call the office at 519-646-2222